Wednesday, December 24, 2014

A Few More Gingerbread Pictures

Well, I had to throw in a few more pictures from our fun gingerbread afternoon:

One of Emily's friends gave her this traditional German "smoker."  There is a place on this figure where you put incense.  When you light it, smoke comes out of this little man's pipe (entertaining, eh?).  For the life of me, I haven't been able to find where the incense goes....obviously, Emily has already burned incense in it as you can see the ash on the plate.  It's a mystery to me.

Here Emily is putting together her gingerbread house.

I love how it has a porch cover - and a snowman :o)

One side is a log cabin....

the other side has a great window and the back has colorful green siding.  Overall a great creation!!
One last thing I would like to tell you is that Emily's other friend brought two jars of homemade jam (blueberry and dark cherry) along with two pairs of Christmas ornament earrings.  Emily really has such thoughtful friends. 

1 comment:

  1. I love the gingerbread houses! What great memories we have of doing gingerbread houses with you guys in Jeru!

    ReplyDelete